M. Ward

The M. Ward show was excellent. I'd definitely see him again. He is an amazing guitar player, we were right up close to the stage, and he played all my favorite songs (except "Lullably + Exile").
The Birchmere bandstand was an odd venue, though. There were tables and it was very clean. We felt like we were in the Festhaus at Busch Gardens or something. And there was a scary wax figure of an old man with a long gray beard playing the harmonica over one of the doors. He looked like he would come to life any minute, and they kept a spotlight on him for the entire show. It was distracting. And creeeeepy.
And this has nothing to do with anything, but I was surprised at M. Ward's size. I'd seen pictures of him with those dark curls and always imagined him as a sort of tall, dark, and handsome type. But I was wrong. M. Ward is a tiny dwarf man. Seriously. He's like 5 feet tall. Still dark and handsome, though.

<< Home