Tagged
My dear Maria tagged me with this "8 Random Things" meme, so here are 8 random things about me!
1. I threw out my back once. I got stuck bent over at a 90 degree angle. I had to do months of physical therapy and wear a TENS unit that sent electronic impulses into my back to relieve pain. Michael gave me a White Stripes CD as a get well present (I think it was "Elephant"). My back still aches whenever I get stressed out. I think of this as something that happens to 50 year old men, but I was 23!
2. Based on Maria's #2 - I love school! Well, maybe not school, but I love taking classes. If I were rich, I'd work part time and take 1 or 2 classes a semester in whatever I happened to be interested in at the time. Right now I'd like to take chemistry and astronomy.
3. I once wrote a 20 page paper on Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars.
4. I love dressing up for Halloween, but haven't done so in 4 years - this year I was at Homecoming, last year I was moving, the year before I was working, and the year before that I was miserable in Greenville. The last time I dressed up was in Scotland. The year before that I was sick with a bad cold and at a conference in Atlanta, but my Uncle Steve took me to dinner and my friend Brad took me to Fado for hard cider.
5. Here is a list of kinds of boats I have sailed on: rubber raft, single kayak, double kayak, ocean kayak, canoe, zodiak, rowboat, sunfish, monohull sailboat, catamaran, passenger ferry, 1-car ferry, multi-car ferry, schooner, square-rigger, cruise ship, aircraft carrier
6. If I could invite 3 people to dinner, living or dead, I would choose Abraham Lincoln, Carl Sagan, and my Mom. (I suppose I could still invite them, but I doubt they'd show up.)
7. One of my favorite movies is The Elephant Man, but I've only seen it once. I'm afraid to watch it again because I cried so hard the first time I saw it.
8. This year I have decided to celebrate The 12 Days of My Birthday. I will do something fun each day and blog about it. Stay tuned!
1. I threw out my back once. I got stuck bent over at a 90 degree angle. I had to do months of physical therapy and wear a TENS unit that sent electronic impulses into my back to relieve pain. Michael gave me a White Stripes CD as a get well present (I think it was "Elephant"). My back still aches whenever I get stressed out. I think of this as something that happens to 50 year old men, but I was 23!
2. Based on Maria's #2 - I love school! Well, maybe not school, but I love taking classes. If I were rich, I'd work part time and take 1 or 2 classes a semester in whatever I happened to be interested in at the time. Right now I'd like to take chemistry and astronomy.
3. I once wrote a 20 page paper on Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars.
4. I love dressing up for Halloween, but haven't done so in 4 years - this year I was at Homecoming, last year I was moving, the year before I was working, and the year before that I was miserable in Greenville. The last time I dressed up was in Scotland. The year before that I was sick with a bad cold and at a conference in Atlanta, but my Uncle Steve took me to dinner and my friend Brad took me to Fado for hard cider.
5. Here is a list of kinds of boats I have sailed on: rubber raft, single kayak, double kayak, ocean kayak, canoe, zodiak, rowboat, sunfish, monohull sailboat, catamaran, passenger ferry, 1-car ferry, multi-car ferry, schooner, square-rigger, cruise ship, aircraft carrier
6. If I could invite 3 people to dinner, living or dead, I would choose Abraham Lincoln, Carl Sagan, and my Mom. (I suppose I could still invite them, but I doubt they'd show up.)
7. One of my favorite movies is The Elephant Man, but I've only seen it once. I'm afraid to watch it again because I cried so hard the first time I saw it.
8. This year I have decided to celebrate The 12 Days of My Birthday. I will do something fun each day and blog about it. Stay tuned!
<< Home