"Isn't voting called 'suffrage,' a word that sounds like doing it should hurt a little?"
That's from Sarah Vowell's open letter to late Congressman Mike Synar.
This morning I took the bus to the train and the train to another bus so I could vote in Alexandria, Virginia, where I'm still registered -- a two hour round trip. I hope all of you voted today, too.
It was my first time voting at a polling place and not absentee, and I have to say it was a bit thrilling! I'm quite proud of my "I voted" sticker. I feel like a good citizen.
This morning I took the bus to the train and the train to another bus so I could vote in Alexandria, Virginia, where I'm still registered -- a two hour round trip. I hope all of you voted today, too.
It was my first time voting at a polling place and not absentee, and I have to say it was a bit thrilling! I'm quite proud of my "I voted" sticker. I feel like a good citizen.
<< Home