bored now
Dan is the featured staff member on his company's website. I'm bored at work, and I don't have my Tom Waits photos here to upload, so I'm going to pretend I work for the counties, too, and answer the same questions:
Number of years active in NACo: none
Education: BA American Studies from the College of William and Mary, MSc Cultural Studies from the University of Edinburgh, and a year of graduate coursework in public history and archives admin from East Carolina University
The hardest thing I’ve ever done: pick out the clothes my mother was buried in.
Three people (living or dead) I’d invite to dinner: Sarah Vowell, David Rakoff, my Mom. Or my Mom, my great grandma Newton, and Studs Terkel.
A dream I have is to: get a new job and move out of Alexandria.
You’d be surprised to learn that I: have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I think everyone already knows that, though.
The most adventurous thing I’ve ever done is: move to Tennessee by myself, move to Scotland by myself, join a tall ship crew for a few weeks.
My favorite way to relax is: watch movies, read books, organize things, be by myself.
Every morning I read: my email, and usually a book on the bus.
My favorite meal is: all the best bits of Thanksgiving dinner -- butter beans, mashed potatoes, and pecan pie.
My pet peeve is: rudeness to people in the service industry.
My motto is: ummm... treat others as you would like to be treated?
The last book I read was: Brighten the Corner Where You Are by Fred Chappell. Currently reading Look Back All The Green Valley by the same author.
My favorite movie is: Singin in the Rain, Kind Hearts and Coronets.
My favorite music is: Tom Waits, Pixies, the Pogues, Johnny Cash, Joanna Newsom
My favorite president is: Abraham Lincoln and FDR.
Number of years active in NACo: none
Education: BA American Studies from the College of William and Mary, MSc Cultural Studies from the University of Edinburgh, and a year of graduate coursework in public history and archives admin from East Carolina University
The hardest thing I’ve ever done: pick out the clothes my mother was buried in.
Three people (living or dead) I’d invite to dinner: Sarah Vowell, David Rakoff, my Mom. Or my Mom, my great grandma Newton, and Studs Terkel.
A dream I have is to: get a new job and move out of Alexandria.
You’d be surprised to learn that I: have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I think everyone already knows that, though.
The most adventurous thing I’ve ever done is: move to Tennessee by myself, move to Scotland by myself, join a tall ship crew for a few weeks.
My favorite way to relax is: watch movies, read books, organize things, be by myself.
Every morning I read: my email, and usually a book on the bus.
My favorite meal is: all the best bits of Thanksgiving dinner -- butter beans, mashed potatoes, and pecan pie.
My pet peeve is: rudeness to people in the service industry.
My motto is: ummm... treat others as you would like to be treated?
The last book I read was: Brighten the Corner Where You Are by Fred Chappell. Currently reading Look Back All The Green Valley by the same author.
My favorite movie is: Singin in the Rain, Kind Hearts and Coronets.
My favorite music is: Tom Waits, Pixies, the Pogues, Johnny Cash, Joanna Newsom
My favorite president is: Abraham Lincoln and FDR.
<< Home