Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Luddite-a-go-go

Yesterday my car was in the shop and my house was without electricity for much of the afternoon due to a blown fuse. I used my time to A) walk to the grocery store and buy allergy medicine (which does not seem to be doing much good - is anyone else half dead from the god damn trees?) and B) work on three different crochet projects.

I finished up a pair of fingerless gloves, which you can see at the CLAF blog. Why do I need fingerless gloves? I guess I don't. But I have a ton of black acrylic left over from a scarf I made my Mom, and the gloves were a way to use some of it up and practice a new stitch at the same time. Does anyone have any other brilliant ideas for using up most of a skein of black yarn? John, you need a scarf or something? Wrist cuffs? Ski mask?