Rock news from the 757
My friend Matt from down home has finally finished carving CD cases out of wood and released his new band Uglyography's album. There are a few folks in the band now, but Maria (Matt's wife and my dear friend) tells me that the album is all Matt -- he sings and plays all the instruments on the record and recorded/mixed it himself.
I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of the record yet, but I listened to a couple mp3's at Matt's homemade label's website. Sounds like a cooler, less folky Outer Loop (for those of you that knew his old band). Nice!
Also on the label -- my friends' Christmas album! Some of my hometown pals (and their hometown pals) got together, wrote a few holiday songs, and recorded an EP last year. I haven't heard any of it, but I know Maria contributed a song called "Don't Be A Turd On Christmas," so it promises to be top class stuff.
I haven't gotten my hands on a copy of the record yet, but I listened to a couple mp3's at Matt's homemade label's website. Sounds like a cooler, less folky Outer Loop (for those of you that knew his old band). Nice!
Also on the label -- my friends' Christmas album! Some of my hometown pals (and their hometown pals) got together, wrote a few holiday songs, and recorded an EP last year. I haven't heard any of it, but I know Maria contributed a song called "Don't Be A Turd On Christmas," so it promises to be top class stuff.
<< Home