Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh take me back

I'd heard a few songs from it on the radio that I really liked, so I picked up M. Ward's Transistor Radio when I was in Crooked Beat last night. I listened to it straight through twice at work this morning and it is fantastic. I thought, "wow, I'd sure like to see him live!" and promptly googled tour dates to see if he'd be coming around any time soon. My search turned up a link to a recording of one of his live shows on All Songs Considered. Guess which show? The fucking White Stripes/Shins show I saw with my brother back in the fall! M. Ward totally opened for them and I totally didn't notice. I'm kicking myself now, I assure you.

Anyway, the record is really good indie-bluesy-folky-country type stuff and you should check it out. And here's a link to his interview and live performance on KEXP.

KEXP should put me on their payroll, I think.