*yawn*
Thanks to Jen for this.
Dan's celebrity sister-in-law discussed boredom at work during her talk last week, too. When I was an interpreter at Jamestown, I took up birdwatching and learned to knit and sew to combat boredom. Before work friend John left to be a rock star, I had clever banter to help the hours pass more quickly here at the library. Sometimes when I'm bored I read some of the books and articles I process, but for the most part I read the newspaper online and write emails to people. Or I amuse myself with these websites:
Dan's blog - Holler if you don't want me linking to you, Dan. I'm pretty sure you, Ree, Morgan, Jen, and Cameron are the only ones who read this, anyway.
Pitchfork Media - Nice to know who's touring/releasing albums when, plus some of the articles make me laugh with their writing style. Like this one.
Waltzing Mathilda - Baby pictures
The Onion - Wednesdays
This American Life - Often listening to people talk does a better job of keeping me awake than listening to people sing and/or play instruments.
Stuff on my Cat - Self-explanatory
Overheard in the Office and Overheard in New York - ditto
Aquarius Records - Work friend John's perennial favorite
The Drudge Report - ditto
DCist - Home sweet home
And some comics:
The Pain -- When Will It End?
Cat and Girl
Toothpaste for Dinner
Natalie Dee
Boy on a Stick and Slither
I'll add more to this post as I think of things.
In other news, I tried to check out library books with my Metro card this morning.
Dan's celebrity sister-in-law discussed boredom at work during her talk last week, too. When I was an interpreter at Jamestown, I took up birdwatching and learned to knit and sew to combat boredom. Before work friend John left to be a rock star, I had clever banter to help the hours pass more quickly here at the library. Sometimes when I'm bored I read some of the books and articles I process, but for the most part I read the newspaper online and write emails to people. Or I amuse myself with these websites:
Dan's blog - Holler if you don't want me linking to you, Dan. I'm pretty sure you, Ree, Morgan, Jen, and Cameron are the only ones who read this, anyway.
Pitchfork Media - Nice to know who's touring/releasing albums when, plus some of the articles make me laugh with their writing style. Like this one.
Waltzing Mathilda - Baby pictures
The Onion - Wednesdays
This American Life - Often listening to people talk does a better job of keeping me awake than listening to people sing and/or play instruments.
Stuff on my Cat - Self-explanatory
Overheard in the Office and Overheard in New York - ditto
Aquarius Records - Work friend John's perennial favorite
The Drudge Report - ditto
DCist - Home sweet home
And some comics:
The Pain -- When Will It End?
Cat and Girl
Toothpaste for Dinner
Natalie Dee
Boy on a Stick and Slither
I'll add more to this post as I think of things.
In other news, I tried to check out library books with my Metro card this morning.
<< Home