Thursday, August 04, 2005

W&M represent


















Morgan shows her loyalty at the UNC arboretum (also courtesy of Kristin).

Speaking of my alma mater, I had a very W&M-centric evening yesterday. First Dan and I went to this alumni event where his sister-in-law was speaking. She wrote a book called Quarterlife Crisis and is pretty much a celebrity. She was on Oprah and everything.

We went to Kramerbooks afterwards for nachos and hefeweizen and found ourselves sitting next to a 17-year-old girl and her mother on their summer-before-senior-year campus tour of America. We eavesdropped for a bit and learned that they had just visited W&M, so we proceeded to talk to them for the rest of the evening and pimp our old school. It was fun, though I imagine them leaving the restaurant and the girl immediately saying, "Those are the kind of freaks that go to W&M? No way I'm going there."