These are the people in your neighborhood
Some of my neighbors:
-- I saw an old woman shaking her cane at a bee at the Eastern Market today. She was trying to chase it away from her friend. The bee flew away, but when the friend asked if it was gone, the Cane Lady said, "No, it definitely just flew down your blouse." Just to mess with her.
-- I made a new friend when I was watering my tomatoes today. This older guy stopped to ask about our garden and told me about how he used to be a cook at Walter Reed and make jello parfaits for Dwight Eisenhower. Then he pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his daughters and grandkids. "I've got 7 kids with 5 different mothers!" he boasted. "It was the Sixties and sex was really taking off, right! I'm telling you, right! Yes, young lady, it was!" Then he put he wallet back in his pocket and walked away, looking back to say, "Now you have a blessed day! God is good, all the time!"
-- I saw an old woman shaking her cane at a bee at the Eastern Market today. She was trying to chase it away from her friend. The bee flew away, but when the friend asked if it was gone, the Cane Lady said, "No, it definitely just flew down your blouse." Just to mess with her.
-- I made a new friend when I was watering my tomatoes today. This older guy stopped to ask about our garden and told me about how he used to be a cook at Walter Reed and make jello parfaits for Dwight Eisenhower. Then he pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his daughters and grandkids. "I've got 7 kids with 5 different mothers!" he boasted. "It was the Sixties and sex was really taking off, right! I'm telling you, right! Yes, young lady, it was!" Then he put he wallet back in his pocket and walked away, looking back to say, "Now you have a blessed day! God is good, all the time!"
<< Home