Surprise!
From here on out, all Dick entries will be held at an undisclosed location.
In all honesty, I don't like Dick very much. I think he's inconsiderate, elitist, and wasteful, and he tends to make me angry a lot of the time. Those who were in my confidence during the whole painting debacle are well aware of this.
So I started treating Dick like a character, myself like a participant observer, and my house like a creative writing project. This, plus the fact that I've been keeping incredibly busy with life outside of my house, keeps me from walking around angry all the time.
The thing is, though, that Dick isn't a character. He's a person. And however angry he may make me, and however much I may not like him, he still doesn't deserve to be made fun of on the internet.
I'll keep up my project, certainly -- it really helps me stay sane -- but I don't think I want to have an audience for it anymore. Not for the foreseeable future, anyway.
Side effect: no one will ever read this blog again. :-) But my conscience, she will be clear!
In all honesty, I don't like Dick very much. I think he's inconsiderate, elitist, and wasteful, and he tends to make me angry a lot of the time. Those who were in my confidence during the whole painting debacle are well aware of this.
So I started treating Dick like a character, myself like a participant observer, and my house like a creative writing project. This, plus the fact that I've been keeping incredibly busy with life outside of my house, keeps me from walking around angry all the time.
The thing is, though, that Dick isn't a character. He's a person. And however angry he may make me, and however much I may not like him, he still doesn't deserve to be made fun of on the internet.
I'll keep up my project, certainly -- it really helps me stay sane -- but I don't think I want to have an audience for it anymore. Not for the foreseeable future, anyway.
Side effect: no one will ever read this blog again. :-) But my conscience, she will be clear!
<< Home